We decided to do a compilation of powerful women who changed history, the next photos are an amazing way to meet the ladies who made our world a little bit better, they were brave, and even though society back then was very hard for women, they still made a great impact by challenging everything around them, enjoy the next 26 shots.
1. 1941, a muslim woman, covers her neighboor jew star with her veil to protect her from the prosecution in Sarajevo.
2. 1907, This is Maud Wagner the first known female tattoo artist in USA.
3. 1944, SimoneSégouin an 18 year old a french resistance fighter during Paris liberation.
4.1936, SarlaThakral when she was 21 years old, the first indian woman to get a pilot license.
5. 1967, KathrineSwitzer the first woman to run Bostons marathon despite of all the intents to stop her, as we can see below.
6. 1950, Afghan women in a record store before the Taliban took control.
7. 1907, AnnetteKellerman poses in a swimsuit, she was arrested for public indecency.
8. 1902, the first female basketball team, Smith College.
9. 1800, a shot of a female samurai warrior.
10.1990, a 106 years old armenian woman protecting her home with an AK-47.
11.1933, women boxing in a roof in Los Angeles.
12. 1985, a Swedish woman hitting a neonazi manifestant with her purse, apparently she was a survivor of the concentration camps.
13. 1950, women participating in the Derby, the New York league of skaters.
14.1961, AnnieLumpkins a pro-vote activist in jail in Little Rock city.
15. 1973, member of the “Angels from Hell”
16. 1918, girls delivering blocks of ice
17. 1917, KomakoKimura a well-known Japanese suffragette in a march in New York.
18. 1936, MarinaGinesta a communist militant when she was 17 years old in Barcelona during spain’s civil war.
19. 80′, Anna Fisher the first “mother in space”
20. 1917, a suffragette activist after “The night of terror”, where a group of 33 female protesters, were brutally tortured and beaten by the workhouse guards and the superintendent.
21. 1934, MargaretBourke-White, a photographer at the heights of Chrysler building
22. 50’s a mother playing with her daughter at the beach.
23. 80’s, Elspeth Beard, during her attempt to be the first english woman trying to circumnavigate
24. 1937, two women show their bare legs for the first time in Toronto.
25.1940, a woman drinking tea after the bombing of german soldiers during the Battle of Britain.