Who doesn’t know The Simpsons? This mustard-skinned family created by Matt Groening has been in American TVs since 1989 representing the satirical version of a typical middle-class family living in the town of Springfield.
Throughout the years, the show has represented the issues in society by portraying day-to-day situations, criticizing politicians and daily routine issues. Apart from its comedy content, The Simpsons have had an eye in the future, so we’ve summed you up 18 times that the show knew exactly what was going to happen.
Enjoy these fun predictions!
17. Back in 1995 the show predicted these talking watches
16. In 1996 TV evangelists worshiped “the all-mighty dollar”.
15. In 1994 the show predicted the horsemeat scandal.
14. In 1999 radiation spawned mutant tomatoes, in 2013 Japan got a piece of this rotten fruit
13. It seems that Professor Fink was right about those hamburger earmuffs.
12. In 1994 an Apple phone in The Simpsons was suffering from Siri’s understanding issues.
11. In 1991, a symptomized Ringo took decades to respond to his fans, in 2013 Beatles fans got replies from Paul after years and years.
10. In 1995 an episode predicted videocalls.
9. In 1995 a future dorm room predicted The Rolling Stones tour.
8. In this 1992 episode, Herb Powell built a baby translator and in 2013 it became real.
7. In 2008 Homer’s voting machine changed his vote, which happened in 2012 elections.
6. In 1996 a high-tech intercom predicted the iPod’s look.
5. In 1993 Roy and Ernst were attacked by their tigers, something that happened to Roy in 2003.
4. In 2002 before Guitar Hero even existed, Mick and Homer gave Homer a Guitar Hero jacket.
3. Homer was the first to rock the wrecking ball.
2. In 1998 Homer used cooking grease to turn it into quick cash, this happens 2013.
But the ultimate and number one prediction is….