There’s some sort of art in introducing a character in movies, you’ve probably heard “You never get a second chance at a first impression” well, first impressions also count here. Doesn’t matter how good the actor is, a good introduction in the script will help on how the character is perceived by the audience the rest of the movie.
We’ve brought you 10 examples so you can see for yourself how important really is a good character introduction.
1. Indy by Harrison Ford from Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) a movie directed by the one and only Steven Spielberg.
2. John Doe interpreted by Kevin Spacey in Se7en (1995) a movie by David Fincher.
3. Patrick Bateman by Christian Bale in American Psycho (2000) directed by Mary Harron.
4. The Dude or Jeff Lebowski interpreted by Jeff Bridges. The Big Lebowski (1998) was directed by Joel Coen and Ethan Coen.
5. Mark Renton by Ewan McGregor in Trainspotting (1996) directed by Danny Boyle.
6. Lisa Fremont (Grace Kelly) in Rear Window 1954 by Alfred Hitchcock.
7. Hans Beckert interpreted by Peter Lorre in M (1931) directed by Fritz Lang.