Cannabis-derived CBD is a compound that has been shown to have numerous health benefits with no psychoactive side effects. From treating pain to alleviating anxiety, and all manner of other ailments. But what is it, and what issues can it mitigate?
What Is CBD?
There is a lot of buzz around cannabidiol (CBD) extract these past few years. The term refers to a non-intoxicating compound found in the cannabis plant. It’s only recently being studied as a treatment for various ailments, but plenty of people swear by the health benefits of CBD oil. The chemical compound is among marijuana’s many chemical components. Nowadays, it is so popular, you can even find promotional codes discounting various CBD products if you follow this link. It acts as a chemical compound in the body and does not cause THC’s same psychoactive effects. CBD is said to help with pain, anxiety, depression, and a whole host of other issues. There have been numerous studies and a raft of anecdotal evidence that gives credence to the pain-reducing qualities of the substance.
How Can You Take CBD?
Although most people have heard about it and want to try it, many are unaware of the methods used for consuming the compound. There are a few techniques that are commonly used:
- Oil: This is the base from which other forms of consumption are derived. It has many uses, from dropping it directly into your mouth to putting it into smoothies or even your morning cup of coffee.
- Vaping: Vaping is an alternative to using your vaporizer to smoke, commonly known as vaping. It is a new way to consume CBD oil without creating smoke. Vaping is the act of igniting a substance, using an e-cigarette, to inhale it. This is a popular choice for those who want a direct hit while bypassing the negative aspects of traditional smoking.
- Edibles: CBD edibles are available in a variety of forms, from gummies to chocolate. They are predominantly in candy form, which seems to be the most popular method of ingesting it. Edibles are fast-acting and typically last longer than other methods of consumption.
- Sublingual: This means under the tongue. To do this, you will use the oil mentioned earlier and pace a certain amount of drops underneath your tongue. This is fact acting and discrete, so you can get a hit without drawing attention to yourself.
- Capsule: Most people have taken a medical capsule at one point in their lives, and CBD is no different. They are helpful because they provide a measured dose and are arguably the most discrete technique.
- Topical cream: CBD can also come as a cream that you spread topically over infected areas. CBD is excellent for reducing inflammation. The cream variety allows you to target the exact areas causing you pain.
Which Conditions Do People Use CBD For?
It is used in various ways to help with pain, inflammation, anxiety, and much more. Some people use it as a replacement for medicine, and others use it as a supplement to help aid in metabolism, sleep, and relaxation.
Anxiety is widespread nervousness and stems from a variety of factors. Some of the causes of anxiety are psychological, but some can be physical. While some anxiety is natural, other types of anxiety are not. Many believe that CBD reduces anxiety, becoming more and more popular as a potential treatment for various disorders. A study published in Neurotherapeutics in 2015 suggested that CBD may help treat anxiety disorders. During animal studies, CBD was shown to significantly ease anxiety, according to the researchers.
Nerves surround the human body, and during everyday activities, these nerves remain healthy and functional. When a nerve is damaged by injury or disease, or when the body itself is under attack, a condition called nerve pain occurs. Nerve pain results in an abnormal sensation of pain. It can happen in any of the nerves in the body, but the most common nerve pain affects the ones in the hands, arms, feet, legs, and face. Medical marijuana has traditionally been supplied for this condition. However, CBD is fast becoming a popular choice for those who don’t want to encounter the effects of THC (the psychoactive component).
Heart disease is a widespread health condition that kills more Americans each year than any other disease. Heart disease can lead to serious health issues, including heart attack, stroke, and heart failure. Cardiovascular disease is caused by a buildup of plaque and fatty deposits in the arteries resulting in narrowing or obstruction of the blood vessels. People with hypertension may benefit from CBD oil by reducing their risk of developing heart disease. Furthermore, its anti-anxiety effects could reduce the strain on the heart during times of extreme stress.
Many mental illnesses plague the world, but depression is among the most common. It’s also one of the most undertreated, as many people feel shame and embarrassment about their mental illness, which only contributes to low self-esteem and hopelessness. Some people with depression feel so down that they can’t even get up and go to work. Others overeat, or too little, or engage in activities that are unhealthy. In some studies, CBD has shown to have antidepressant effects due to its impact on serotonin receptors, which are neurotransmitters responsible for regulating mood and behavior.
Acne is a fairly common skin disease that affects millions of people around the world. The most predominant acne growth is often the pimple, which can appear anywhere on the face, neck, chest, back, or shoulders, but the most commonly affected areas are the cheeks and chin. Most acne is caused by a combination of factors, including genetics, hormones, and the environment. The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD oil and its ability to reduce sebum production could help to treat acne. In this case, you would use it topically as a cream.
Despite its apparent benefits, CBD still requires further study. Nevertheless, many people stand by it as a natural treatment for the various health issues mentioned.