Children beware, a witch awoke to suck your life away!
The founder of the New York Restoration Project, Bette Midler attended last Friday to the organization’s Hulaween Bash. She attended dressed as, none less than Winifred Sanderson, the legendary character that horrified entire generations in the Hocus Pocus movie. The actress dusted off her broom to go to the event, and she nailed it!
Hocus Pocus is a 1993 Halloween classic, the tale of resurrected Salem witches, the Sanderson sisters, whom return to absorb the souls of children on Halloween night, only to be stopped by a jaded teen, his crush, his cynical little sister and an immortal black cat.
So, the movie was not exactly a blockbuster hit when it first premiered, but it has gained a cult following in recent years and rightfully so. Let me explain you why: it starred stars Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy, the film also boasts a talking cat, a crusading couple of awkward teens and a cynical little girl. Do I have to say more?
Witch, I look fabulous!
That scary look!
Posing with Marc Jacobs.
And with her daughter, Sophie von Haselberg.
Now, let’s watch the top five moments of Hocus Pocus:
5. When SJP sings “Come Little Children.”
Terrifying and awesome, that’s what she is!
4. When the sisters performed the greatest rendition ever of “I Put A Spell On You” the Halloween party!
Best performance ever!
3. The creepiest moment of the movie: When the witches awaken the book of spells.
Look at that little eye, and it looks back at you!
2. When the sisters awaken from the three hundred years nap!
Ehh…good morning everybody!
1. When Binx, the cat transformed into his human self and says goodbye to Dani.