AWS, which stands for Amazon Web Services, is the world’s most extensive and widely adopted cloud platform. It offers over 175 fully featured and advanced services from data centers globally. AWS helps millions of customers, fastest-growing startups, leading government agencies, and many largest enterprises to lower their cost, innovate fast, and become more agile. It provides relief and improves efficiency for any kind of business.
AWS is the most functional cloud platform that offers more features and more services than any other cloud provider. It provides infrastructure technologies(storage, compute and databases), emerging technologies (artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, and data lakes) and the Internet of Things. It enhances security measures, provides various workloads, and increases storage options. AWS has the largest community of customers and partners. The AWS Partner Network (APN) includes several systems integrators and thousands of independent software vendors (ISVs) who adapt their technology to work on AWS. It offers flexible, reliable, easy-to-use, scalable, and cost-effective cloud computing solutions.
AWS is developed with Iaas (infrastructure as a service), PaaS (platform as a service) and SaaS (software as a service) offerings. AWS offers a wide range of global cloud-based products that are suitable for different business purposes and levels, with a pay-as-you-go model. It includes storage, networking, management tools, computing, migration, security, messaging, development tools, analytics, mobile, enterprise applications, and databases as their services.
AWS offers hybrid capabilities that allow you to deploy your applications in multiple regions globally with just a few clicks. No doubt, professionals are taking AWS training to gain expertise in this domain and improve their career prospects.
Reasons To Learn AWS
“Cloud is now what we call the new normal. It’s no longer an experiment, it’s no longer an after-thought.”– said Vincent Quah, regional head of education, research, healthcare, and non-profit organizations of AWS. If one wants to learn AWS then it’s the right time to learn it now.
Some reasons are mentioned below to learn AWS.
- Fastest Growing Cloud Service– AWS is the fastest-growing public cloud computing service. It had expanded its market share to 42% and reached around 49% by the first quarter of 2018, and expected to increase it to reach 52% by 2020.
- Most Widely Used platform– AWS is the most widely used platform in cloud adoption, as it holds about a third of the Iaas (Infrastructure as a service) which about equals to the next two providers (google cloud platform and Microsoft Azure), according to a report. It is likely to expect tremendous growth in AWS in the coming years.
- Increased Migration– The global public cloud service market growth rate is expected to reach around 17.5%. According to Cisco, by the end of 2021, the IP traffic will reach 20.6 Zettabytes (ZB) (1.7 ZB per month). It shows the increased enterprise cloud migration to AWS.
- Innovative For IT Professional– Several IT professionals consider that machine learning and artificial learning can play a massive role in the adoption of cloud computing, and it can be a leading driver by 2020. In fact, these are driving a push towards the cloud.
- Free-Access And Affordable Pricing– Trainees, apprentices, novices, or who all want to gain experience in AWS can create a free-tier AWS account. It provides some free services that never expire. Some of the services such as EC2, S3, Elastic load balancing, and Amazon RDS are provided at affordable prices.
- In-Demand Service– Nowadays there is a high demand for cloud service providers. AWS skills demand is outstripping supply. Employers are in difficulty to appoint skilled cloud computing professionals.
- Security– AWS provides reliable services with security features. It’s doing good for the security of many small and large companies.
- API– AWS provides APIs services which help you to programmatically manage your infrastructure. You can also take backups and launch a new instance with API.
- Flexibility & Scalability– AWS offers flexible services that companies or businesses could scale up or down to meet business needs and targets.
- Global Architecture– AWS is a global leader in cloud computing. It provides data services through “ Regions” and “Availability ZONES”. It has 16 geographic Regions and 44 Availability zones worldwide, and many more are work in progress.
With all these qualities and benefits, it’s worthy to learn AWS and make a better career growth.
Top AWS Certifications
AWS provides 12 types of certifications in the below-mentioned categories:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner– This entry-level certification is the newest one of AWS certifications, to validate a candidate’s understanding of the AWS cloud. It helps to learn the basic AWS architectural principles and value proposition of the technical expertise and conceptual knowledge of the operational aspects AWS cloud.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect– This certification is designed for those candidates who have some experience in designing distributed applications. It is focusing on Network technologies, building applications, deploying hybrid systems, etc.
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate– This exam is specially designed for developing and maintaining AWS-based applications. It will give you hands-on experience in designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining applications.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate– This certification exam is the only one that is specially designed to become a System Administrator. To pass this exam technical expertise and conceptual knowledge of the operational aspects are required.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional– This certification requires high-degree skills and experience in designing AWS-based applications to make architectural recommendations and evaluate the requirements of an organization. It also gives the knowledge to migrate complex applications and cost optimization strategies.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional– This certification is designed to operate, manage, and provision the applications on the AWS platform. It focuses on two fundamental concepts of continuous delivery (CD) and the automation of processes.
- AWS Certified Data Analytics – Specialty– This certificate is designed for the candidates with a background in data analytics and experience using AWS services for big-data solutions. It also validates a candidate’s experience in using AWS services.
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty– It is specially designed to validate the skills and experience in performing complex networking tasks and hybrid IT networking architecture at scale.
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty– This certification course gives you knowledge about security topics like infrastructure security, data protection, and encryption, identity, incident response, access management, monitoring, and logging.
- AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder – Specialty– This certification exam validates your skills and expertise in testing, creating, and deploying Amazon Alexa Skills. It will help you to learn about the value of voice and user experience design.
- AWS Certified Machine Learning – Specialty– This certification helps candidates to create, implement, and maintain machine learning solutions.
- AWS Certified Database – Specialty– It is a brand new AWS certification that validates your overall comprehension of all the AWS database services. Areas covered by this course are Database design, security, management and operations, deployment, and migration.
All the AWS certifications are important and a great asset. Deciding to opt for a course depends on your interest, role, current job, and your desired niche. Enroll in a suitable course and brighten your career.